Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

We had a fantastic weekend celebrating Mother's Day; if you don't count Sunday. Saturday was a beautiful day, and my mom (Grandma Fynaardt) was up visiting to allow my sister Cali and I to go to my future sister-in-law Laura's bachelorette party/bridal shower. Grandma and Violet enjoyed their time at the mall while Cali and I mini-golfed with the party goers, and we then met back up with Grandma and Violet after we finished mini-golfing. It was nice to be able to interact with Laura a little more before the wedding, but still work it out to be able to spend some quality time with my mom.

Sunday wasn't the best day--part of it was the weather, and part of it was Violet got sick! So, I spent most of my mother's day snuggling with a little girl who just didn't feel good at all. The tylenol did seem to perk her up a bit in the afternoon, but it still wasn't the most 'relaxing' of days. That being said, I can't complain too much because I did recieve a beautiful butterfly necklace and earring set from my darling daughter, complete with violet-colored crystal/zirconia accents. I also received two of my favorite indugences from my husband--Mountain Dew and a snickers candy bar.

So, despite the illness, it was nice to be appreciated in 'special' ways. I know that I'm always appreciated, but it's really great to be reminded of that!

No comments: