Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trials and Tribulations

Do you ever feel some days that the world is out to get you and you just don't know how you're going to handle it all? That's kind of the point that Ben and I are at right now--the beginning of the school year started with some challenges, and they just keep coming.

So without feeling like a whiner, but coveting thoughts and prayers, here are some of the trials we have been given over the last few months. Some of them are both blessings and trials--but because of other circumstances, the trial seems bigger than the concurrent blessing!

~our furnace went on the kaput and is being replaced, which gave our finances a BIG hit
~our babysitter is taking a job at school (tomorrow) so we need a new babysitter NOW, which will probably be more expensive
~our bikes are still gone, which means we're driving the car everywhere=GAS
~my job is changing (good, but) which means I'm transitioning and really have no idea what it is all going to entail--next MONDAY (maybe); I was also reminded that I am a curriculum coordinator and NOT the curriculum director (semantics)

When I list them, there doesn't appear to be that many, but they all affect every area of our life. Not having a babysitter affects both our personal and professional life; not having a heater primarily affects our personal life, but it affects how much we can afford for other things--including things for our professional lives.

I keep telling myself that challenges make us stronger, but I'm having a hard time seeing that at this point in time. And, I know that there are a lot of people who are worse off than we are, and our blessings far outnumber our trials, but that doesn't make it easier.

So because I need a reminder of my blessings, here's a few of them that you can include in prayers as praises:

~we BOTH have jobs: no small feat in Michigan's economy
~we have a house, and are in no danger of losing it
~I have a beautiful daughter, who will probably adjust a lot better than I will, and a fantastic husband
~I have family that cares and is beside us all the way
~We live in a greater school community that is working with us to find a solution to the babysitting problem
~we will have heat tomorrow, (but that does mean we pay a gas bill) and it will be much more efficient than our last one.

I promise I will make a post about Violet soon--we got the funniest video of her yesterday.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers in advance!

No comments: