Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Downs and Ups

The last few days have brought quite the roller coaster of emotions for us. We were actually having a really nice, relaxing weekend until Sunday, when we went out to the garage and discovered that our bicycles had been stolen sometime during the night/day. This included Violet's bicycle seat and helmet. It really isn't the value of the bike that upsets us so much (although we found that bikes aren't cheap), it just really makes you sick to your stomach that someone was in your garage and taking your stuff--mostly likely while you were sleeping. And, really, what kind of person steals a bike with an infants' seat on the back????

Fortunately, Violet doesn't completely comprehend the situation, and feels in her heart of hearts that the policewoman that took our report, is out scouring Big Rapids for our bicycles and she will bring them back. Oh, to have the faith of little ones....

To add to this misery, we came home from one of Violet's friends' birthday party and our computer had crashed. There was no choice but to set it back to factory settings, and when we first got it turned back on, I could not find any of Violet's pictures after her first birthday. I was already fried emotionally, so I turned the computer over to Ben, and he eventually found where they were hidden. Phew! I am buying a large MB flash drive very soon and getting all of those backed up! And, I have vowed to update Shutterfly more frequently, because they're always there. Thank goodness for them!

So, needless to say, we went to bed Sunday night somewhat emotionally exhausted, and for those of you that know that I was interviewing for a new position in my district, that was happening on Monday. It really didn't feel like the stars were aligning very well for me!

But, Monday morning came, and my interview wasn't until 2:00, so I taught all morning and begged for the afternoon off so that I could prepare for the interview. It was very weird getting ready--I haven't interviewed for a position in 7 years! Even when I moved to music, my 'interview' was the principal asking me if I wanted to move, so the last time was when I interviewed for a kindergarten position straight out of college. My how time flies! And of course, they ran late, so I got to sit in the office and wait a little longer--all the while 'revealing' to fellow staff that I was gunning for this position. (Although I was rather proud of myself because many of them were surprised!)

The interview went very, very, well; at least in my opinion. I haven't heard anything official back, but I've gotten good feedback from some members on the interview committee, and really, job or no job, I now have my first 'administrative' interview under my belt. I now have an idea of what they are going to be like! I felt very good with my answers, felt very prepared--even with some unexpected questions, and now I'm just in the waiting game. As soon as I know more, I will pass on the news.

Well, I'm going to get some 'real' work done now. I have a daughter who is playing 'doctor' with her dolly, and we're patiently waiting for Ben to get done with X-Country practice because our car died uptown and it is raining so I didn't want to walk home carrying a 2-year old. Hope all is well wherever you are!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ahhh... the craziness of life. I hope that you find your bicycles - what a bummer. I am glad to hear that your interview went well and I hope that your car is easily fixed! Take care and we look forward to hearing how your interveiw went!